- a person who does a specified type of work or who works in a specified way；an employee, especially one who does manual or nonexecutive work.
noun: worker, plural noun: workers
- 1. a person who does a specified type of work or who works in a specified way a farm worker she's a good worker
- ▪ an employee, especially one who does manual or nonexecutive work. 同義詞
- ▪ informal a person who works hard I got a reputation for being a worker 同義詞
- ▪ used in Marxist or leftist contexts to refer to the working class a red flag with the inscription “workers of the world, unite!” the Hungarian Socialist Workers' Party
- 2. a person who produces or achieves a specified thing a worker of miracles
- 3. (in social insects such as bees, wasps, ants, and termites) a neuter or undeveloped female that is a member of what is usually the most numerous caste and does the basic work of the colony.