- engage in a close fight or struggle without weapons; wrestle；seize hold of (someone)
- an act of grappling.；a wrestling match.
verb: grapple, 3rd person present: grapples, gerund or present participle: grappling, past tense: grappled, past participle: grappled
- 1. engage in a close fight or struggle without weapons; wrestle passersby grappled with the man after the knife attack 同義詞 wrestle, struggle, tussle, brawl, fight, ... 更多
- ▪ seize hold of (someone) he grappled the young man around the throat 同義詞 seize, grab, lay hold of, take hold of, grip, ... 更多反義詞 let go of, release
- ▪ struggle with or work hard to deal with or overcome (a difficulty or challenge) other towns are still grappling with the problem 同義詞 tackle, confront, address oneself to, face, attend to, ... 更多反義詞 avoid
- 2. archaic seize or hold with a grapnel.
- 1. an act of grappling.
- ▪ a wrestling match.
- ▪ an instrument for catching hold of or seizing something; a grappling hook.
- engage in a close fight or struggle without weapons; wrestle: passers-by grappled with the man after the knife attack
- an act of grappling.