- a spherical body; a globe；a golden globe surmounted by a cross, forming part of the regalia of a monarch
- encircle; enclose.；form (something) into an orb; make circular or globular.
verb: orb, 3rd person present: orbs, gerund or present participle: orbing, past tense: orbed, past participle: orbed
noun: orb, plural noun: orbs
- 1. a spherical body; a globe a pale orb of hazy reddish light
- ▪ a golden globe surmounted by a cross, forming part of the regalia of a monarch a crown, an orb, and a scepter
- ▪ a celestial body.
- ▪ an eyeball; an eye two wild staring orbs which flashed around the room
- ▪ a circle of up to 10° radius around the position of a celestial object within an orb of 1° of Mars
- 1. literary encircle; enclose.
- ▪ literary form (something) into an orb; make circular or globular.
- a circular vertical spider's web formed of threads radiating from a central point, crossed ...
- a generally circular, upright spider's web formed of threads radiating from a central ...
Oxford American Dictionary
- a spider of a kind that builds orb webs. Many species are large and brightly coloured, and wait ...
- a spherical object or shape: a pale orb of hazy reddish light