- the point or place where something begins, arises, or is derived；a person's social background or ancestry
noun: origin, plural noun: origins
- 1. the point or place where something begins, arises, or is derived the name is Norse in origin the terminology has its origins in America 同義詞 beginning, start, origination, genesis, birth, ... 更多反義詞 end, conclusion, termination
- ▪ a person's social background or ancestry a voice that betrays his Southern origins they will be asked about their ethnic origin 同義詞 descent, ancestry, parentage, pedigree, lineage, ... 更多
- 2. the more fixed end or attachment of a muscle.
- ▪ a place where a nerve or blood vessel begins or branches from a main nerve or blood vessel.
- 3. a fixed point from which coordinates are measured, as where axes intersect.
- (in South Africa) a wine officially certified as originating from a recognized region or estate ...
- the point or place where something begins, arises, or is derived: his theory of the origin of life the name is Norse in origin