- a thing constituting a piece of evidence about the past, especially an account kept in writing or some other permanent form；an official report of the proceedings and judgement in a court.
- set down in writing or some other permanent form for later reference；state or set down publicly or officially
verb: record, 3rd person present: records, gerund or present participle: recording, past tense: recorded, past participle: recorded
noun: record, plural noun: records
- 1. a thing constituting a piece of evidence about the past, especially an account kept in writing or some other permanent form you should keep a written record identification was made through dental records 同義詞
- ▪ an official report of the proceedings and judgement in a court.
- ▪ a number of related items of information which are handled as a unit.
- 2. the sum of the past achievements or performance of a person, organization, or thing the safety record at the airport is first class the team preserved their unbeaten home record 同義詞
- ▪ short for criminal record
- 3. the best performance or most remarkable event of its kind he held the world record for over a decade record profits 同義詞
- 4. a thin plastic disc carrying recorded sound in grooves on each surface, for reproduction by a record player I'm listening to records in my room 同義詞
- ▪ a piece or collection of music reproduced on a record or on another medium my favourite record
- 1. set down in writing or some other permanent form for later reference they were asked to keep a diary and record everything they ate or drank 同義詞
- ▪ state or set down publicly or officially the coroner recorded a verdict of accidental death
- ▪ (of an instrument or observer) show or register (a measurement or result) the temperature was the lowest recorded since 1926 同義詞
- ▪ achieve (a certain score or result) they recorded their first win of the season 同義詞
- 2. convert (sound or a performance) into a permanent form for subsequent reproduction or broadcast they were recording a guitar recital I would go into the studio while the guys were recording 同義詞
- ▪ produce (a programme, or a piece or collection of music) by recording a performance they go into the studio next week to record their debut album they recorded an episode of the show