- of a color at the end of the spectrum next to orange and opposite violet, as of blood, fire, or rubies；(of a person or their face or complexion) flushed or rosy, especially with embarrassment, anger, or a healthy glow
- red color or pigment；red clothes or material
noun: red, plural noun: reds
- 1. of a color at the end of the spectrum next to orange and opposite violet, as of blood, fire, or rubies her red lips the sky was turning red outside 同義詞 scarlet, vermilion, ruby, ruby red, ruby-colored, ... 更多
- ▪ (of a person or their face or complexion) flushed or rosy, especially with embarrassment, anger, or a healthy glow there were some red faces at headquarters 同義詞 flushed, reddish, pink, pinkish, florid, ... 更多
- ▪ (of a person's eyes) bloodshot or having pink rims, especially with tiredness or crying her eyes were red and swollen 同義詞 bloodshot, red-rimmed, inflamed, swollen, sore
- ▪ (of hair or fur) of a reddish-brown or orange-brown color her long, red hair his hair was red 同義詞 reddish, flaming red, flame-colored, auburn, Titian, ... 更多
- ▪ dated, offensive (of a people) having or regarded as having reddish skin.
- ▪ of or denoting the suits hearts and diamonds in a deck of cards a red queen
- ▪ (of wine) made from dark grapes and colored by their skins a glass of red wine
- ▪ denoting a red light or flag used as a signal to stop.
- ▪ used to denote something forbidden, dangerous, or urgent the force went on red alert
- ▪ (of a ski run) of the second highest level of difficulty, as indicated by colored markers.
- ▪ denoting one of three colors of quark.
- 2. informal, derogatory communist or socialist (used especially during the Cold War with reference to the Soviet Union) the era of nuclear anxiety, the red scare and covert CIA plots
- 3. archaic, literary stained with blood, or involving bloodshed or violence red battle stamps his foot and nations feel the shock
- 1. red color or pigment their work is marked in red by the teacher colors range from yellow to deep red
- ▪ red clothes or material she could not wear red
- 2. a red thing which dress - the black or the red?
- ▪ a red wine good Italian reds at affordable prices a bottle of red
- ▪ a red ball in billiards.
- ▪ a red light.
- 3. informal, derogatory a communist or socialist.
- 4. the situation of owing money to a bank or making a loss in a business operation the company was $4 million in the red small declines in revenue can soon send an airline plunging into the red