- a lump or bundle of a soft material, used for padding, stuffing, or wiping；a portion of chewing gum, or of tobacco or a narcotic when used for chewing
- compress (a soft material) into a lump or mass；line or stuff with wadding
verb: wad, 3rd person present: wads, gerund or present participle: wadding, past tense: wadded, past participle: wadded
noun: wad, plural noun: wads
- 1. a lump or bundle of a soft material, used for padding, stuffing, or wiping a wad of cotton 同義詞
- ▪ a portion of chewing gum, or of tobacco or a narcotic when used for chewing I made a wad out of the young leaves and twigs and tried to masticate slowly 同義詞
- ▪ historical a disk of felt or another material used to keep powder or shot in place in a gun barrel.
- 2. a bundle of paper, banknotes, or documents a thick wad of index cards 同義詞
- ▪ informal a large amount of something, especially money she was working on TV and had wads of money
- 1. compress (a soft material) into a lump or mass wad the strips over and over so that they ball up I removed the name tag and promptly wadded it up
- 2. line or stuff with wadding the quilts are wadded with thick natural cotton
- ▪ stop up (an aperture or a gun barrel) with a bundle or lump of soft material.